Ealoor Consultancy has an Environmental and Sustainability Policy that ensures we comply with current legislation and sets out a framework for actions and targets, measuring and reducing the sustainability impacts of our operations and supply-chains.Our Compliance Manager has responsibility for the ongoing review of our environmental targets and commitments, governed and signed off annually by the senior management team. We continuously identify opportunities to assist our Participating Authorities (PA’s) in meeting their sustainability objectives.
Through a continuous improvement approach to sustainability and social value, as documented in our continuous improvement plan, we have digitised 75% of our international recruitment services to reduce the emissions and resources used in delivery, whilst still achieving the same outcome. We have introduced recruitment software which eliminates the need for paper, and we are committed to becoming a completely paperless office by the end of 2022.Our Learning Management Software reduces the need for candidates to travel and training can be conducted online. Our continuous improvement plan will record any targets/deliverables to meet new and emerging NHS and central government policy requirements as they emerge.
Ealoor Consultancy is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2040 (Scope 1,2 and 3) and has launched multiple initiatives to deliver on this commitment.This includes the development of a ‘Carbon Reduction Plan’ for 2022-2023 to help support the NHS commitment and our organisational commitment to reach net zero by 2040. Our carbon footprint has been completed in accordance with best industry practice, using the best and latest data we have available in adherence to the Greenhouse Gas Protocol’s Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard.
We have used baseline reporting figures for 2022 as this is the first year that we have access to an entire year’s data. This is due to Covid 19 and staff working from home for the majority of 2020/21, which would not give an accurate reflection of energy usage. Going forward we will engage an external consultant and work with them to design a mechanism for effectively capturing and recording data as we advance. This will provide the ability to identify target areas for cutting emissions.
As far as possible we have based calculations on actual data rather than assumptions and average data methods to ensure accurate calculations and target setting.
Baseline year emissions: April 2021 – March 2022 – for Scope 1, 2 & 3
4.1 tCO2e - Business Travel
2.3 tCO2e - Fuel-and-energy-related activities
We project that our Scope 1 and 2 carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 9.12 tCO2e by 2027. This is a reduction of 20%.
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets and initiatives to reduce the amount of resources used or emissions generated:
· Reduce absolute carbon emissions by 2.5% by 2027
· Reduce business travel carbon emissions by 10% per capita by 2027.
· Reduce energy use per square metre by 10% by 2027
· Purchase 50% of purchased electricity (1.3 tCO2e) from verified renewable sources by 2027.
· Reduce consumption and waste with 60% waste generated recycled to reduce landfill
· Reduce single use plastics, packaging and increase recyclability of products by 90%
· Reduce energy usage over the next 5 years by 5% through increased staff awareness, homeworking, LED lighting replacement.
· Use of online resources instead of printed materials
· Exploring the introduction of a salary sacrifice electric vehicle scheme
· Source 100% materials from and manufacture products within the UK to reduce carbon emissions and improve supply chain transparency by 2027
· Biodiversity initiatives developed or supported in the PA local area
· Due diligence on 100% supply chain suppliers to ensure they have a clear and timebound commitment to sustainability and carbon reduction
Our Carbon Reduction Plans will be reviewed and updated annually, with SMART targets to reflect changes in our organisational structure and to take account of the efforts made to reduce our emissions over time. We will provide half-yearly reports, detailing the activities undertaken to reduce this impact. We will ensure that the same reporting period is used throughout the submission, to ensure the most accurate and meaningful data can be used in the completion of our Carbon Reduction Plans.
Ealoor Consultancy will also report our progress annually through published progress reports and continued carbon emissions reporting through the Evergreen Supplier Assessment once this becomes available for benchmarking and reporting progress against the requirements detailed in the Net Zero Supplier Roadmap.