Nursing Jobs in the UK
Nurses who wish to work in the UK as a registered nurse must register with the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
Nurses trained outside the UK and EEA
Nurses can apply to the NMC register, providing they meet its standards. The NMC will compare the training in your country with that required in the UK. Registration with the NMC does not provide the right to work in the UK.
The requirements for registration are different for nurses who trained in the UK and EEA to those who trained outside the UK and EEA.
Process for nurses educated from outside the EEA
Since October 2014, the only route to registration for all nurses trained outside the UK and EEA with the NMC is through a 2-part application process.
- Part one – a computer based multiple-choice examination which will be accessible in many countries around the world for applicants to access in their home countries.
- Part two – a practical objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) which will always be held in the UK.
This process does not require applicants to complete a period of supervised practice.
EEA nationals who have trained outside the EEA will not be eligible for automatic recognition of their qualification under the EU Directives as they have not trained within an EU member state. Further information is available from the NMC website.
All applications to join the NMC nurses part of the Register must include evidence of completion of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test. You must complete the academic version of the IELTS test and achieve:
- at least 7.0 in the listening and reading section 1
- at least 7.0 in the writing and speaking sections
- an overall average score of 7 (out of a possible 9)
The NMC will not consider applicants who score lower than this standard.
Overseas-trained nurses holding EC Treaty Rights who have had their qualification recognized in another EU member state and have practiced in the EU/EEA for three years, will continue to be processed through the EU route.
Nurses trained in the EEA
Nurses who trained in the EEA must also meet the standards of the NMC before they can be considered for registration. The NMC will compare the training in your country with that required in the UK.
Following the recognition of qualification, and before entry to the register, all applicants are required to supply evidence that they have the necessary knowledge of English. Communication is defined as speaking, reading, listening and writing.
Nurses who trained in the EEA who are not EEA nationals may be required to undertake one or both parts of the application process above.
It is advised to appear for IELTS and once you pass, you may email us your CV and IELTS report to process further. Please register yourself on our website to be contacted by a consultant, should there be an opportunity matching your criteria.
We are preferably in search of nurses with UK NMC pin number who wish to return to practice or nurses who have the NMC decision letter after passing the CBT exam.
Are you committed to providing excellent patient care in a nurturing and supportive environment? NursingJobsUK is looking to support qualified overseas nurses obtain their registration with the NMC and work within our services during and after obtaining registration.
Can you meet the following criteria?
- To assess the individual needs of the patients and to ensure that they receive the highest standard of personal care and attention.
- To have the ability and knowledge of nursing and management the home ensuring the well-being of the residents and their physical, emotional and social needs.
- To have responsibility for frontline supervision and supervise the care staff.
- To be in charge of the shift and take the responsibility for the smooth running of the service and whilst they are on duty, liaise with managers and senior nurses to ensure effective communication for the benefit of clients and their family.
- Typical duties of the job include: Assessing and planning, nursing care requirements, Monitoring and administering, medication, taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures, writing records, supervising junior staff and organizing workloads.
- Free Recruitment
- OSCE training
- Free Flight Tickets.
- For those applying from within the UK, we pay the VISA expenses.
Student nurse/ Non EU qualified overseas nurses/ EU qualified nurses progressing towards NMC Registration will be considered alongside with other applicants. Training, support & assistance will be provided in attaining NMC Pin Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship (COS, formerly a Work Permit).
We are an equal opportunity employer, applications from Job Seekers who require, Tier 2 sponsorship will be considered priority and sponsorships are offered to successful candidates where UKBA regulations are met.
We also provide CBT training (online) and OSCE training (onsite).